The Wedding Day You Deserve
This is it! Your wedding day is approaching - the day you've dreamed about, hoped for, planned for. Chances are, when you're planning for your wedding day, you are not planning to be stressed. So how can you have the wonderful, peaceful wedding day you deserve? Take a deep breath...and consider these tips!
1. Remain Calm.
The best way stay calm throughout the day is to begin your day with a calm mindset. Here are a few suggestions to help:
- Get a good night's sleep. Sure, your nerves may try to take your thoughts captive, but make an effort to get to bed early and sleep well. Follow your normal bedtime routine. If you don't have a bedtime routine, start one now to get yourself in the habit before your big day. Then set your alarm for a reasonable time, and wake up refreshed in the morning.
- Sit and enjoy your favorite cup of coffee or tea in the quietness of the morning before all the craziness begins.
- Create a playlist of music that makes you happy, gets you energized, or reminds you of your man so you can play it while you're getting ready.
- In the days leading up to your wedding, make a list of things you may want to be reminded of in the midst of the hustle and bustle: why you love your hubby-to-be, why he loves you (get his participation), things to look forward to after the wedding (honeymoon, family plans, etc.). If at any point throughout the day you start to feel stressed, pull out the list and read over it. It will help you refocus on what's important.
- Find a way to make time to talk to your man. Text or call him. Write letters to each other ahead of time. Send each other pre-recorded videos. Hearing his voice or reading his words could be all you need to calm your nerves. My sister and her husband-to-be went to breakfast the morning of her wedding so they had a chance to spend some time together before the craziness of the day started.
2. Trust Your Wedding Planner/Coordinator.
In the months and weeks leading up to your wedding, you will have meetings with your wedding planner. You will discuss your overall vision, the details, the other vendors you've hired, everything. In these meetings, your wedding planner will ask questions to help her better understand your desires. When the big day comes and problems arise, she can make educated decisions based on what you discussed. Essentially, she will make it possible for you to be in two places at once. So when you start to stress about how the decorations are or if the bakery will show up with the cake on time, remind yourself that you have someone who's got your back. She is working to pull together everything you've dreamed so that you can relax. Trust that she has your best interest in mind and it will all turn out beautifully!
If you have not considered hiring a professional to help you through this momentous day, think about the advantages of having someone in your corner taking care of all the details so you can relax and enjoy the events of the day. Our wedding planners offer a no-obligation, free hour consultation and price quote. The peace of mind that comes with hiring a wedding professional is worth considering and working into your budget.
3. Surround Yourself with Positivity.
When choosing your bridesmaids, consider how they will be on your wedding day. If you think it's possible any of them could cause drama, you may want to consider choosing someone else or having a frank talk with her. Let her know in a tactful way that you would like to keep the drama to a minimum and you would like for everyone, including her, to just have fun and relax throughout the day.
4. Eat, Drink, & Be Married.
Don't get so busy with the events of the day that you forget to hydrate and replenish your energy. Take care of yourself by taking the time to grab something to eat, and drink plenty of water. If you're the type to forget to eat or drink, assign one of your bridesmaids to refreshment duty.
5. Find a Serene Place to Get Ready.
Choose a place to get ready that inspires you to remain calm and relaxed. If you and your girls are all getting ready at the same place. make sure the space has plenty of room for you to move around each other, good lighting, and convenient outlets. If you plan to get ready at your venue, thoroughly check out their bridal suite and imagine how it will be with several girls trying to get ready at once.
The bridal suite at Starlit Heights is designed to help you relax and enjoy every moment of your big day. The calming colors and elegant details make it the perfect place for you and your girls to get ready!
"Plans are of little importance, but planning is essential." - Winston Churchill
If you plan to enjoy your wedding day, have a game plan to minimize the stress and everything will fall into place!